"Henderson & Eadie's Water Turbine"
[Lisbellaw, Co. Fermanagh]
Lough Eyes was fundamental to JGV Porter's undertaking that he would ensure that a plentiful supply of water would be available to power the Mill. The site of the Mill was conveniently placed for the source of power- water was collected in a dam which flowed to the Mill. An open waterwheel operated the machinery in the Mill. In 1873, the Mill was renovated and the waterwheel replaced with a turbine. In 1875, a steam turbine engine was installed, later replaced by a larger engine. In 1948, steam gave way to electricity.
Kindly given by Miss Lavinia Baird