"Photographic Postcard, Collooney Woollen Mills Ltd. Office"
The Irish Free State was established in 1922. With the partition of Ireland, commerce and manufacturing became difficult for many businesses, Henderson & Eadie was no exception. Over the years, wool was purchased by Henderson & Eadie from the west of Ireland; their produce was always of the highest standard. The company was now in a precarious position, as it now found itself positioned in a new jurisdiction. Henderson & Eadie was faced with a dilemma to find an alternative solution or face extreme difficulties in the production field. Subsequently, the answer was to seek alternative premises in the Republic of Ireland. A site was found in a small town in County Sligo, called Collooney, where a derelict mill was acquired and renovated in 1929.
Kindly given by Patricia Martinelli-Henderson